Technology Solutions - Microsoft Sharepoint
Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 is an integrated suite of server capabilities that can help improve organizational effectiveness by providing comprehensive content management and enterprise search, accelerating shared business processes, and facilitating information-sharing across boundaries for better business insight. Office SharePoint Server 2007 supports all intranet, extranet, and Web applications across an enterprise within one integrated platform, instead of relying on separate fragmented systems. Additionally, this collaboration and content management server provides IT professionals and developers with the platform and tools they need for server administration, application extensibility, and interoperability.
The main features of Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server include:
- Collaboration – connects users through document life cycle capabilities, task notifications, Really Simple Syndication (RSS), a basic web-based user interface & navigation.
- Portal - offers features useful for designing, deploying & managing enterprise intranet portals, corporate Internet presence web sites & divisional portal sites.
- Enterprise Search - ability to search enterprise-wide for documents, articles, people & expertise, ability to index & search data in line-of-business applications & improved manageability & extensibility.
- Enterprise Content Management - Sharepoint provides document management, version control, workflow, auditing & role-based access controls at the document library. Plus web content management & publishing, records & policy management & support for multilingual publishing.
- Business Process & Forms - Streamlines forms-driven business processes with easy-to-use, intelligent, XML-based electronic forms that integrate smoothly with existing systems. This security-enhanced, client/server platform provides rapid solution creation & deployment, centralizes form management & maintenance & helps extend business processes to customers, partners & suppliers.
- Business Intelligence (BI) - Provides BI capabilities to every employee so they can share, control, and reuse business information to make better business decisions. The BI features of Office SharePoint Server 2007 provide Web and programmatic access to published Microsoft Office Excel spreadsheets, programmatic reuse of critical line-for-business data & easy development of web-based BI dashboards that can incorporate rich, data-bound key performance indicators (KPIs), Web Parts & published spreadsheets.